Release Tension, Transform Posture and Rediscover Balance with Alan Mars – teaching Alexander Technique for 34 years.
Alexander Technique helps to prevent the harmful postural habits associated with pain, stress and low vitality. Alexander Technique teachers combine gentle manual guidance with verbal coaching to alleviate conditions such as:
- back, neck or shoulder pain
- joint and muscle problems
- breathing or vocal difficulties
- movement difficulties
- stress-related conditions
Significant long-term benefit from Alexander Technique lessons for low back pain has been demonstrated by a major study published by the British Medical Journal on 20th August 2008
- 24 Alexander Technique lessons proved to be most beneficial
- Six lessons followed by exercise were about 70% as effective as 24 lessons
- Lessons were one-to-one, provided by experienced STAT teachers
- Long-term benefits unlikely to be due to placebo effect
- This was a scientific randomised controlled trial
“97% of people with back pain could benefit by learning the Alexander Technique – it is only a very small minority of back pain sufferers that require medical intervention such as surgery”
Jack Stern, spinal neurosurgeon
“I recommend the Alexander Technique as an extremely sophisticated form of rehabilitation… We already notice, with growing amazement, very striking improvements in such diverse things as high blood pressure, breathing, depth of sleep, overall cheerfulness and mental alertness, resilience against outside pressures, and in such a refined skill as playing a musical instrument.”
Professor N. Tinbergen, Nobel Prize for Medicine
Terms, conditions & cancellation
Cancellation of individual sessions:
If you cancel your booking with less than 24 hours notice a full cancellation fee applies. There is no cancellation fee if you give more than 24 hours notice.
One special offer per person. Sessions to be prepaid & booked in advance. Offer valid until end of stated calender month. Sessions to be completed within eight weeks of first booking.
Alexander Technique sessions coaching sessions are 50 minutes per session.